Old 28-01-2011, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

Sacha wrote:
Given how a lot of UK work is now farmed out to India to get it done on the
cheap (see call centres + IT work for the obvious examples), I can see there
being a call for Indian languages.

But aren't they supposed to be speaking English to the English
customers that call them? There might be a small number of jobs for
English people who would need to speak local languages for training
purposes but not to an overwhelming degree, it seems to me.

Just because they're supposed to speak English, doesn't mean things aren't
easier if you have another common language between you.