Old 28-01-2011, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bluebells

On 28/01/2011 18:31, harry wrote:
On Jan 28, 3:47 pm, wrote:
When I moved house last year one corner of my new garden was awash with
bluebells. They looked very pretty but took up a huge amount of space and
seemed to be marching up the garden as time went on. The area was cleared
as part of a garden redesign but they have now reappeared in force and have
spread all over the beds I cleared last year as well as reappearing in the
corner. I had dug deep and removed as many of the bulbs as I could.
How else can I rid my garden of these plants or at least limit them to one
area? It's a shame to have to remove them all, but I can't have a garden
full of bluebells and nothing else!

Blue bells are an increasingly rare wild flower. You should welcome
them.

That's if they are our bluebells, and not the Spanish ones or a hybrid.

--

Jeff