Old 29-01-2011, 10:54 AM
darren30 darren30 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
On 22/01/2011 17:10, darren30 wrote:
I am sure others will have some advice for you. There is also a lot of
information on the internet, and you could do a lot worse than joining
your local horticultural society to get useful advice.

--

Jeff
Hi Jeff, thanks for all your advice I will print your instructions off and follow them to the letter. I am young and enthusisatic, I adore gardening but its extremely hard for me to remember all the varieties and what they prefer. I live in Southampton and I cant really say what soil we have it is dry, crumbly ( not clay) I usually sift out the small stones and mix in some compost to the soil before planting. I will look in to joining a horticultural society in my area, the thing is as I am young I prefer to seek advice from the internet than to go round peoples houses for coffee to discuss gardening. Perhaps when I am older it may be different.