Old 29-01-2011, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default I am new to gardening with Bulbs can you help a newcomer ?

"darren30" wrote in message

Jake;910786 Wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:10:08 +0000, darren30
Ooooh Eck! Darren. You've asked your question via Garden Banter (GB).
FWIW, the GB system which is, I suppose a forum, is an advertising
thing. When you post a question to GB, it simly sends it on to
something called USENET and hence to the UK.REC.GARDENING NEWSGROUP.
If you don't understand the bits in capitals, type them into your
search engine or go back to Garden Banter and check there. Meanwhile,
GB will happily accept your questions, send them on to us and earn
income from advertising. Maybe you'll realise now why we in the
newsgroup don't like Garden Banter.

Hi, I do not understand what you mean? I do not want to earn income I
simply thought this was a forum where I could find help from experienced
gardeners? Who is GB ? and how can I ask them the questions? any help
you can give me as a newcomer would be splendid.

Hi Darren

I am afraid that you have 'strayed' into a forum/newsgroup/clique known as
uk,rec.gardening. They absolutely HATE anyone from Garden Banter. The
subscribers to this newsgroup/forum/clique do their own advertising and use
this as their own public 'emailing facility' with chat which has nothing to
do with gardening in many cases. Chit chat to stamp their mark here.

If you put uk.rec.gardening into your search engine, something like Google,
and then come here WITHOUT stepping into Garden Banter (wash my mouth out)
land, apologise profusely, don't make any spelling or grammar mistakes,
don't mention cruising, and you MIGHT be made welcome. (Watch the replies to
this from those who have killfiled me, but don't want to miss anything, and
you will see what I mean)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive