Old 29-01-2011, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default old philadelphus

In article , echinosum
writes
That is consistent with what I said. What I said is that it does not
flower on shoots that form (as opposed to extend) AFTER THE WINTER.

Ah, OK

In Ravensthorpe near Coton Manor there's a really good nursery, it has
some unusual shrubs etc. but it also has a wonderful garden attached.
Not large but some very interesting plants growing therein.
It has about 8 different philadelphus mature shrubs all different and
quite distinctive when viewed near to each other. Also some beautiful
peonies

Worth dropping in if ever you are travelling past

Quick look at Google - Postcode - NN6 8ES

Link to very small website
http://www.ravensthorpenursery.co.uk/page.php?10

Janet
--