Old 30-01-2011, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Way OT, Foreign Aid

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Times are different than the thirties. Banks in the seventies were
struggling with high inflation and high interest rates handcuffed by many
parts of Glass-Steagall. President Reagan removed many parts of that Act.
President Bill Clinton just finished it off. Economic times did get
better, but they also have consequences, like going into a great
depression.

Economic times got better for the top 10%.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/28/business/28wages.html

Jumbo jets, gigantic transport ships the Internet and other modern
technologies have changed the world.

Great, now we can fly lamb from New Zealand to England with all its
attendant effects on the environment.
The Glass-Steagall Act will not work
in a free trade global environment.

Screw "free trade", bring on "fair trade". The Glass-Steagall Act was
repealled in, (what 1998?) and the blood suckers made their move. It
took 10 years to sell all the toxic derivative.

For the Glass Steagall Act to work some
what, one first has to ban free trade.. If any nation can. In this global
corporations will just set up somewhere and black mail any nation they
choose from abroad.

I think you are making my case for me.

Mega corps like the global banks will say "if you do not comply, your
nation will suffer economically. Restrict oil and your nation goes into a
major recession. Lower interest rates and so bankers get richer or the
wheat farmers will not get loans and starve your nation. Globalization and
modern technology made this black mail possible by major corporations. Want
electric power for those on the grid... Do as I say! My understanding even
the CEOs of these mega corporations have nice deep bunkers to hold out from
anything but the military. I believe Walmart's family bunker is worth
hundreds of millions of dollars and well armed.

Only a world government can reign in these mega corps. Why do think no one
at BP oil ever when to prison for their negligence. Mega corps have the
world by the balls! Mega corporations probably can ruin any nation on this
earth. The only way for change in my opinion is a global economic collapse
and try and form a new world government that can reign in these mega
corporations. No where to hide!

It is instructive to see the crowds in Cairo. The well armed police, and
paramilitary were surrounded by unarmed people, and shoved back.

Viva, Freedom

The weapon systems used against the crowds were "Made in the USA" from the
tanks to gas cans for crowd control. Remember the revolts failed in Iran
and others middle east countries. It will be interesting how this one turns
out.

I think, I can say, we both do not like the world as it is. I want the
international corporations brought down. I am for equal distribution of
wealth. I just think looking to the past for answers will not work in the
future climate of things. Corporations have learned to by pass many
existing laws. Also there are just too many people for everyone to live
like the Amish.