Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Bob Alston

Default Amazon Sword Flowering

My large amazon sword, which takes up about 1/2 my 55 gal tank has put
up what appears to be a flower staulk. there are small things that
look like small leaves at a "joint" at the water line. Then the stem
goes on up thru the air til it hits the glass. There seems to be a
flower or something which is pretty shriveled and burned/bronish -
from the light (CF).

Any suggestions for ensuring I get new sword plants? I think I had
heard once about gently bending the shoot under water. But this shoot
is very solid & rigit. It would appear to break if I tried to bend it
much at all.

Bob