Old 29-01-2011, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.mc[_3_] p.mc[_3_] is offline

Default Now heated polytunnel (advice please)

Hi all

I've had an heater in my (UK, NW region) polytunnel over a week now, that
fluctuates from 6 - 11 degrees C. My first seedlings are a week old and was
wondering if anyone could give advice on what best to do from now on. From
what I've read I'm letting the seeds germinate in my diy heated propagator,
removing them to the opposite bench without lids and giving them a couple of
extra hours artificial light (5-6am / 6-8pm)

a) Do I now transplant them to individual pots or leave them a little
longer??

b) Maybe you could give scenarios on what your procedure would be with my
set up. I'm sure this would help me a lot.

c) Do's n Don'ts.

I'm a complete newbie to this and would greatly appreciate some help from
the group from your experience...See below images.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ymakerToms.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hireOnions.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...undCabbage.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...9janpoly11.jpg