Old 30-01-2011, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bluebells

On 2011-01-29 23:52:48 +0000, "Christina Websell"

On 2011-01-29 18:34:15 +0000, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Why not? I'm puzzled.
--

Because most bluebells in gardens are of the Spanish variety - my garden
is

I have this spinney at the bottom of my garden that I call my "wood"
It's
only 30/40 metres but I've been planting it with native woodland plants
for
many years and I cannot get "real " bluebells in there until I have no
Spanish that were planted by a previous occupant.

I see. We have both, which is why I asked. We hoick out the Spanish kind
and leave the English ones alone.

I hoick them out but cannot seem to get rid of them and until I do I won't
put the proper ones in.

secret my foreign friend insisted on digging up some bluebells in the wild
while I sat on a log telling her not to and how illegal it was and sweating
in case the bluebell police came..
She took them home, but they did not survive their winter. Dammit - it
would have been worth it if they had.
Tina