Old 30-01-2011, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

wrote in :

In article 3,
Tom wrote:
wrote in
:

To be fair, I've had vegan 'scrambled egg' before, which I hated - not
beause of the texture, but because they piled tumeric into it. Noidea
why, it's not as if you tumericise your scrambled egg normally! (do
you?)

Probably the same reason that Quorn is processed to have
the texture (but not flavour) of soft chicken breast.

I regard that sort of supermarket chicken as loathesome in itself.

Well, yes, just so.

I would, however, make an exception when a decent
chicken has been cooked slowly so that its flavour
has mingled with other ingredients

What baffles me is why vegetables that can be cooked
in pleasant (and sometimes delicious) ways are heavily
processed to resemble (and I use that word in its
loosest sense) meat-based foods.