Old 30-01-2011, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Early appearances

Bill Grey wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Bill Grey wrote:
wrote in message
I know someone did this already, but I've lost the thread, sorry.

Popped along to the allotment yesterday and had a look, and the rhubarb
is
showing! Now this was showing on one plant a couple of weeks ago, just
about, but now /both/ are well on their way!

Nick is furious cos he wanted to split them!

Are you going to force it? At least put a bucket over it.

Only if you're going to dig it up and throw it away afterwards...

--
Rusty

I thought Rhubarb was fairly indestructible. I was given a root many years
ago and in due course it was buried with building rubble, this it survived,
then later I lit a graden fire roughtly on the spot where the Rhubarb was
buried, this it also survived. The root originally came from Somerset in
the mid 1800s by the grandfather of a pal of mine. The stalks were huge and
the leaves were very big. If picked when quite young the rhubarb was very
nice.

Indestructible almost. but if you don't treat it well, it will sulk and
go all weedy.

--
Rusty