Old 30-01-2011, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

Martin wrote:

The difference between our generation and the young ones, is that we can do
mental arithmetic. Tables are part of the basic tools needed to do this.
Nick says people can use a calculator, but I have yet to see anybody doing this
in a supermarket, for example. Our two kids did arithmetic using a calculator
at school. I don't think they even own one nowadays.

I have a calculator - somewhere.

Last time I went to use it (to find a square root) I found that the
batteries had died, so I had to resort to the pencil and paper method.

--
Rusty