Old 31-01-2011, 02:48 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

In the UK Harrods are marketing a product called GroChar / BioChar it costs £9.95 for 1.4 kg however when you add postage and packing this becomes £14.95.

This was my worst fear the rip off has begun, you could buy 15 kg of lump wood charcoal for that price and make your own.

However it is what they say it is, its not Terra Preta and they make no claim that it is for obvious reasons.

It is also interesting to note that they say that it contains Mycorrhizal fungi, those companies who sell MF state that it has a life span of approximately 20 days once introduced to soil unless they attach to the roots of a MF type plant!!!

They cant both be right, however I can see some infighting taking place between Harrods and said companies.

uiel13

The mind is like a parachute, its totally useless unless its open