Old 30-01-2011, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ow

Sacha wrote:
I don't want to be alarmist but get it looked at tomorrow if it hasn't
improved considerably. Some of the sprays used on roses are not kind
to humans and I do know of one person who was made dangerously ill.

No sprays on my roses, unless there's some residue left on the new ones that
went in last summer from before I bought them. (the climbing rose in the
front /may/ have had blackspot spray, but I didn't prune that - the ones in
the back /should/ have had blackspot spray, but we tend not to cos my
neighbour has an allergy, and I try to avoid over-medicating my plants)

OTOH, it may just be your body's natural defences kicking in, in which
case I'd put an antiseptic cream or a poultice on it overnight,
depending on your personal preference.

*nod*