Old 31-01-2011, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Sell-out?

Billy wrote:

OK, I'm not sure about this, but I'm giving you a heads up.

what aren't you sure of?

http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...icle_22449.cfm

headline:

The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?
By Ronnie Cummins
Organic Consumers Association, Jan 27, 2011
Straight to the Source

they are no longer the organic elite.
i'd say this sort of message means they've
stepped down (he should resign immediately
IMO).

and "sell out" is mild, i'd put it in
much stronger terms.

if i shopped there i would boycott.
and they wonder why citizens don't trust
corporations or the goverment to do the
right thing? or why they don't vote...

as a gardener who would like to grow
non-GMO items, i think it will mean i'll
have to continually source seeds from
a different planet for: corn, soybeans,
sugar beets and now alfalfa. those
bunnies better not start glowing in
the dark and getting bigger... got enough
of them as it is.

the trouble is. i can't easily replant
an alfalfa field to remove GMO contamination.
it takes several years to get a good
perennial established and those roots go
down deep!

this is utterly horrible.

songbird