Old 31-01-2011, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bluebells

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Again, there's been time since the last Ice Age for speciation.

Some evidence for that would make it more believable. I don't
know of a single example of a clear, natural speciation event in
higher animals or plants in that period, that wasn't the result
of an inter-species or inter-generic cross.

Mimulus cupriphilus seems to be a decent candidate.

I haven't been following that, but am deeply suspicious. There
are lots of examples of species that will drift genetically to
adapt to different conditions. The key question is whether it
would drift back towards the parent if grown in the parent's
normal conditions.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.