Old 31-01-2011, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bluebells

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

Well, OK, if you think it's hysteria, look at it another way. Forget
about the species question, and consider that we have a "mere"
/variety/. This variety has a combination of subjectively desirable
features not found in its "rival" or, it seems, in their hybrids. If
there's a danger of losing it, even in limited areas, I find it
entirely reasonable to agitate for protective measures.

Within reason. My objection to what is going on is that it has got
beyond that, and is one factor in the exclusion of rational thought
about what we should do about woodland plant conservation.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.