Old 31-01-2011, 05:35 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post
kay wrote:

What do you mean by "it worked"?

Do you mean "everybody could multiply relatively small numbers together
in their heads" or do you mean"everybody had a good understanding of
percentages, differentials, risk and the other concepts that are
necessary in order to make decisions in everyday life"?

What has that to do with learning your 'times' tables?
What for you is the purpose of learning times tables by rote? I thought it was to enable one to multiply relatively small numbers together in your head, but I may be missing something.