Old 31-01-2011, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Way OT, Foreign Aid

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

What are our options?

I know of nothing other than letting things that disrupt pass and
supporting things that aid the common good. We know good when we see it
but only can act when it occurs or cause it to occur. Folks in power
have a wider range of influence those in lesser positions work resides
nearby.
Confucian thought. When the individual is well the family is well.
Then the county can be well and the state will be well. Throws
importance to the primary.
Seems with our misplaced military spending we are some what sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAd0jOuQg8o

Sun thinking about going down
Cold with a promise of more
Sand on the walk ways but a fall is never far
Slow and steady and no where to go
Went this morning and we are whole
Still extended comes to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW0y6kazWM

Vietnam Vet with a cardboard sign
Sitting there by the left turn line
Flag on the wheelchair flapping in the breeze
One leg missing, both hands free
No one's paying much mind to him
The V.A. budget's stretched so thin
And there's more comin' home from the Mideast war
We can't make it here anymore

That big ol' building was the textile mill
It fed our kids and it paid our bills
But they turned us out and they closed the doors
We can't make it here anymore

See all those pallets piled up on the loading dock
They're just gonna set there till they rot
'Cause there's nothing to ship, nothing to pack
Just busted concrete and rusted tracks
Empty storefronts around the square
There's a needle in the gutter and glass everywhere
You don't come down here 'less you're looking to score
We can't make it here anymore

Music and lyrics © 2004 by James McMurtry
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."