Old 31-01-2011, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allotment rents to rise 300%

"Kathy McIntosh" wrote g...

We have a composting toilet, a "club house", a shop, a skip and running
water with a tank and standpipe every three plots. We pay £32 a year, but
that may increase in April when this year's rent is due.

Sounds a bargain!

On the down side, we are sandwiched between the A14 and the sewage works :-}
We aren't the poshest site in the area - there is one that we aspire to!

We have a sewage pumping station on the site and when that lets off "steam"
it's choking! The junction of the two very busy motorways goes round our
site within only 100yds or so on one side, it's across a small field on the
other. Amazes me how many trucks on the M25 have flat tyres, we hear them
ever few minutes.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden