Old 01-02-2011, 10:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Way OT, Foreign Aid

On Jan 31, 5:20*pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
*Bud wrote:

Do you know why there are no Wal*Mart stores in Germany? Of course you
don't. Do you know why Gernany does not want to bail out the countries of
Spain, Ireland and Greece? I'll let you in on a little secret, they have
strict banking laws and labor laws.

Some of you need to take economics 101. A little world history reading
would help too.

*Interesting that Germany invaded both Greece and had influence in Spain
in the last 70 years.

Kaiser Bill I, Matin Luther, Johann Sebastian Bach, Werner Herzog, Fritz
Lang, Hannah Arendt, Erich Fromm, Immanuel Kant, Arthur Schopenhauer,
Erich Fromm, Albert Einstein, Max Planck, Hans Gerhard Creutzfeldt,
Katarina Witt, and Beethoven are German too.

Shifting hemispheres, be sure to see the documentary "South of the
Border" by Oliver Stone. In it Argentinean President, and then First
Gentleman of Argentina (his wife became president), Nestor Kirchner
relates how "Dubya" told his that war was good for the economy. Believe
it or don't, it's still a good movie.

Not sure I would believe Oliver Stone if he said the sun came up in
the East.

But Bush is far from alone in holding that opinion.

HB