Old 01-02-2011, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Allotment rents to rise 300%

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:54:05 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 11:30:51 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:37:13 -0000, "Kathy McIntosh"
wrote:

We have a composting toilet, a "club house", a shop, a skip and running
water with a tank and standpipe every three plots. We pay £32 a year, but
that may increase in April when this year's rent is due.

Kathy, please can you give me a brief description of your composting
toilet? Our committee were aghast when I suggested such a thing.
They are talking of the cost of installing a proper flushing toilet.
Then they suggested an Elsan type and someone asked who would clean
it. They still weren't convinced when I said the composting goilet
would not need much cleaning.
Can you give me some pointers please?
I'm thinking of installing my own on a small scale. It's OK for the
men!!!
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Does this help, Pam?
http://www.compostingtoilet.org/faq/index.php

A possibility is this
http://www.compass24.com/web/catalog...oilets/4860161

but who will dispose of the sealed bags and where?

Thanks Martin.
The type of composting toilet I envisage is one using straw bales
which eventually break down to compost which goes on the allotment.

Pam in Bristol