Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
pb632 pb632 is offline
Registered User

Smile New to ponds!

Hi, I have a 100 gallon hexagon block link pond which is yet to be set up.

I hope to make it a nice feature on my patio. I orderd some plants on ebay.

I have 5 mint plants.
Eldoea.
Yellow Iris root things? (lol, im no being ignorant i really just dont know what theyre called!)
and one white lilly and one pink lilly roots.

She said I would need two baskets for all of these plants?

she has provided me with the two baskets but is it safe to mix the different plants together?
The elodea and mint are small at the moment. How should i be caring for them while they are still indoors? The frost keeps managing to creep back so theyre ok to stay in for the moment.

Will these plants grow for the summer? I paid £8 for them all, I don't really know why i was shocked when i opened the package to find teeny plants and roots! Thought it was too good to be true!

When potting these plants do i use garden soil? or sand or ? help please?

Like i said, anyhow complete novice! Its the first year my boyfriend and i are in our house and i would just love a nice garden as i spend to much time out there!

Thanks!