Old 02-02-2011, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Allotment rents to rise 300%

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Kathy, please can you give me a brief description of your composting
toilet? Our committee were aghast when I suggested such a thing.
They are talking of the cost of installing a proper flushing toilet.
Then they suggested an Elsan type and someone asked who would clean
it. They still weren't convinced when I said the composting goilet
would not need much cleaning.

Composting toilets are fairly common in parts of Australia where there is
limited water.

Here is an Australian government site that gives some useful information:
http://www.yourhome.gov.au/technical/fs77.html
(You might have to find a committee member who has travelled and can rise
above making comments about convicts)

I have used the Clivus Multrum composting toilet in places. IIRC, it is
from Skandinavia (??) but regardless of where it originated, I know it's a
firm that has been around for many decades:
http://www.clivusmultrum.com.au/