Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Cuttings from Raspberries

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:52:35 +0000, Bozone
wrote:

I have two raspberry bushes in my back garden that grew from 99p
cheapies from a Tesco sale. This was two years ago, first year didn't
get much but second year they produced really well.

Trouble is they have now grown reaching some 6ft, above my small apple
tree. The bushes are currently bare as its winter and I'm not sure what
best to do? Can I cut these and plant for new bushes, just trim them
back or trail these along the fence horizontally.

Google 'tip layering'. If they aren't grafted, that should be the
easiest way to propagate them.

Jim