Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Allotment rents to rise 300%

wrote in message
Kathy McIntosh wrote:
We have a composting toilet, a "club house", a shop, a skip and running
water with a tank and standpipe every three plots. We pay ?32 a year,
but
that may increase in April when this year's rent is due.

Ours hasn't gone up yet. It's about 30-something for a whole allotment,
we
have no toilets or antyhing posh like that, but we do have several water
taps (hoses are allowed to fill water butts, not to water with, if that
makes sense - it doesn't really to me!), and we get an occasional delivery
of poo from the local Pets' Corner.

The pet's not the owner's I hope :-)

Bill