Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default when yoiu see a post that starts "Re"

wrote in :

In message
Fuschia wrote:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:21:18 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

What to do?
You know you have the OP killfiled.
Read it or not?

The Re also appears if the thread was started in another NG and
someone has added the URG address to crosspost it.
There might be a genuine reason for that but often its a way of
spreading spam or offensive content.

I think the Re, refers to a reference to the original message
posted, when you reply to a previous message it is always then
shown as a Re.

Stephen.

I think there must be hundreds of reasons for this.
When I first used NG my client was Outlook Express and it could never make
up its mind, ie. or not to , so fickle and it was most likely my
fault with the settings, but I could not solve the problem so I bought
Agent, don't know which version but it solved the problem to a certain
level. Not perfect though, and again most likely my fault. there was a
setting 'start new thread always' something similar, and that may be the
cause.
Going a few years with it, I found lots of annoying little things that made
me change to XNews, free, simple to use and have never seen a (Re after a
follow up.

The OP said,

What to do?
You know you have the OP killfiled.
Read it or not?

If that poster is killfiltered(plonked) then that poster would be
invisible, and would not be readable to the person who has filtered.
In other words the bugger is not plonked if you can read their posts.

Best wishes to all (plonked or not)
Baz