Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default cycling emergency

In article , Dino wrote:
They confirmed it was somewhere around .6 ppm ammonia.

my nitrite rose to .1 ppm

While it's never a really bad idea to do a water change just to be
conservative.... .6ppm ammonia is nothing. .1ppm Nitrite is less than
nothing. Both may exceed the 3-5ppm range while cycling and everything
will still be ok.

What can I do to help them get through the nitrite spike?
I don't want them to die by morning!

I've had nitrite spikes off the scale for multiple days during initial
cycling (that's at least 6ppm). I just did my weekly water changes and
everyone was fine.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.