Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Bees, anyone?

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Since I got this iPad, I find my life has changed allot. I find myself
attached to it almost 24/7.

It doesn't bother you that some government/corporate type can look at
the key strokes of your life to determine what kind of consumer you are,
or whether you are a good citizen?

When computers were just becoming personal I read A whole earth
magazine entitled "Computers as poison" this from Steward Band and
friends. One maxim learned was not to fall in love with your machine.
Seems easier quoted then actualized.

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

Wonder how good it is in face of Narus' "Deep Packet Inspection"
software?

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/02/02/18670966.php
Narus, now owned by Boeing, was founded in 1997 by Israeli security
experts to create and sell mass surveillance systems for governments and
large corporate clients.

The company is best known for creating NarusInsight, a supercomputer
system which is allegedly used by the National Security Agency and other
entities to perform mass surveillance and monitoring of public and
corporate Internet communications in real time.

Narus provides Egypt Telecom with Deep Packet Inspection equipment
(DPI), a content-filtering technology that allows network managers to
inspect, track and target content from users of the Internet and mobile
phones, as it passes through routers on the information superhighway.
--

This is what AT&T used to spy on us.