Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Soil sample taken .

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"DogDiesel" wrote:

Hi,

I got a Accugrow test kit and a D hoe from Johnnies today. I just had
go dig a hole. So I went out and dug a hole in the snow and soil to get
sample. And did a test. This is what I came up with.

PH 7
Nitrogen A
Phosphorus D
Potassium C- D , but its closer to D then C

Last year I mixed up liquid fish fertilizer and poured it on the plants
using a hand waterer. And that's mostly nitrogen. So that guess worked
out. It was 5-1-1, 0r 3-1-1.

Other then that, And the fact I just dug a hole in the snow in the dark.
It looks like I'm nitrogen deficient. And the fact that the kit doesn't
show PH above 7. How would you know if your PH is over 7.

Diesel

Litmus paper

or

http://chemistry.about.com/od/acidsbase1/a/red-cabbage-ph-indicator.htm
--

That is so cool, I have 3/4 of that stuff.