Old 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
freshturf freshturf is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj62 View Post
Hello All,

Is there such a thing as Organic / Pesticide-Free turf? (grass/lawn/etc)

We'd like a lawn that children can play on without any risk of pesticides and we'd also like to contribute to a more organic environment.

Searches in google turned up nothing. Is it simply that organic turf is not yet commercially viable or that 'organic' gardeners grow a lawn from seeds?

Thank You for your help
Matt

Growing a good quality lawn from seed without NPK fertlizer will be very difficult but you could try adding compost to the soil and then fertilizing with seaweed extract.

Make sure the PH is right otherwise any nutrients that you do have will not become available to the grass seed.

As far as organic turf.... you may find some rough old meadow turf that hasnt had any treatment but any cultivated turf will have definately had chemical treatments.
UK Turf Suppliers
Turf
Lawn Turf
Turf Suppliers