Old 06-02-2011, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Hyacinth Bulbs - arrgh!

Just found 2 bags of hyacinths that I forgot to plant end of last year
(actually, I didn't 'forget' so much as never got around to digging out the
allotment flower patch in time before it snowed), so I thought I'd throw
them in.

I swear I didn't touch anything without gloves! But within minutes my face
and neck were itching so much I had to go in and wash hands and face in cold
water - even then, as soon as I came back out it all started up again. And
even now, several hours later, I still feel uncomfortable. :-(