Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hyacinth Bulbs - arrgh!

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On 6 Feb 2011 23:10:19 GMT, wrote:
Bill Grey wrote:

I Googled "Allergic reaction to Hyacinth Bulbs" and found several
interesting articles - too many to quote.

Oh I know /what/ it is. I get it every time. But the advise of 'wear
gloves' doesn't work! I had gloves on, i didn't touch them!!

Had a bath now and I /still/ feel itchy! :-(

(particularly seemed to be a problem because it was windy, and I seemed to
get particularly itchy where my hair blew into my face)

It's the arsenic/heavy metals that the bulbs are treated with?

No. They aren't. And they wouldn't cause that effect.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.