Old 07-02-2011, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Ow

"kay" wrote in message

Bill Grey;912237 Wrote:

Hydrogen peroxide might be of use - it will fizz up and the thorn will
possibly pop out.

Bread poultice is good for that. But I think the OP had already got the
thorn out - his problem is whatever muck the thorn carried in with it.

--
kay

Yes, I didn't read the bit about the thorn coming out until later.

An old poultice I remember my grandmother using was a "soap and sugar"
poultice. Seems a bit bizarre but apparently it worked well.

Bill