Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
I don’t know whether or not I have put this up before, this is a list of plants which benefit from endotrophic vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi(VAM‘s).

I thought it best to list the common plants which most people would grow on their allotments.

Asparagus
Artichoke
Beans
Blackberry
Carrot
Celery
Cucumber
Currants
Garlic
Leek
Lettuce
Melon
Onion
Pea
Peppers
Potato
Raspberry
Squash
Tomato

This list should be an aid to your experiments enabling you to identify crops which will directly benefit from VAM infection of their root systems. The list is limited but should give you a working model of which crops derive the greatest uptake of nutrient from the presence of VAM’s in the soil.

Please note that the brassica species, all beets and turnips are non-mycorrhizal and therefore don’t benefit from greater uptake of nutrients.

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute ti is totally useless unless it is open