Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default snowdrops in the green

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I bought some snowdrops from Ebay, which arrived today, only midway
through flowering. They look very healthy. £8.99 for 100 if I recall.
I didn't count them!
I heard or read somewhere recently that it is now thought that they
should be lifted as the flowers die down, which is what I would do if
transplanting. Does anyone know if it makes any difference? These
have all gone in a big pot and will be planted out after flowering.

That's a loose description of "in the green" isn't it?
In the green for me means later, when the flowers have died and only the
leaves remain.

I hope they recover from their shock and flower well for you in the future.
I imported some double snowdrops from Germany in the green in 2009. They
did not flower last year, just put up leaves but they are now up and looking
spectacular.