Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Kenny Horn

Default hagen - natural CO2 plant system review?

Hiya..

I bought one a few months ago (October).. seems to work quite well as I am
now getting a noticeable improvement in the plant growth.. It was quite hard
to notice an improvement during the first few months, but by December.. it
became more apparent.. however not all plants have improved instantly and
some haven't seemed to improve at all!! One thing I would say.. is, although
it seems good value at £15 and 3 free sachets of the yeast and baking soda
powders.. I will now have to make regular trips to the stockist to get
replacement sachets unless I experiment with my own mixture!!

It's also worth noting that you can build a similar system with a plastic
bottle, yeast, baking soda, sugar and water (The DIY version!!).. and some
other bits and pieces. There's lots about DIY yeast CO-2 systems on
www.thekrib.com

Good luck which ever you go for..

Kenny

"SteveG" wrote in message
If you do a search on google groups, you will find discussions on this
topic.

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
I was at my local fish store and I spotted a fairly cheap CO2 system by
Hagen. Has anyone had any experience with the natural plant system by
Hagen?

Regards,

Phil..