Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Green or not green?

At long last the weather has changed from snow, then rain, then wind, then
wind and rain to a glorious sunny day allowing me to get out in the garden
and do some clearing up. Several shrubs are quite badly damaged by the
various assaults the weather has thrown at them. A couple of pots are
smashed and masses of dead ivy has blown down from the higher reaches of the
trees. Trouble is I have a rotten cold which has deprived me of any stamina
I might still have.

The lawns (that should be green) are a horrid splotchy green/brown/yellow
and the paths (that should not be green) are covered in green algae. So
plenty of work to do there as usual.

It looks like I have some good compost in the making as when I turned back
the old carpet covering the heap it was a writhing mass of worms. This is
probably due to the worm farm my son gave up on last year and dumped in the
compost.

And so another gardening season starts for me.

Mike