Old 13-02-2011, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Goundreys compost

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:03:18 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Apparently the firm that supplies Goundreys compost had closed. Does
anyone know where you might be able to get any supplies from or who
might be taking over?
A friend regularly gets a couple of hundred bags a year (yes she has a
very large garden!) and has managed to get some from Aylesbury
Horticultural association trading store but is desperate to find a
future supplier. She rates the compost very highly.

Janet

Not one I had even heard of so I can't help, what sort of Compost is it?

I don't know if this is the right track but Groundreys are actually
Monro Groundrey who appear to be part of the Monro Sport Group.
Searching on the latter leads to http://tinyurl.com/63tw7bx which may
be worth a look.

There is another company, Monro South, which appears to be in
administration but I don't know if there is any link between the two -
the Monro South portfolio does not appear to include any site in
Chipping Norton.

OTOH, Monro South includes the Growing Success brand which I'd be
sorry to see go.

HTH. Jake