Old 13-02-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aquilegia sawfly

On 13/02/2011 15:07, Ann Lancing wrote:

Advice please regarding Aquilegia sawfly. Can anyone recommend an
insecticide that gets rid of them?

My local garden centre says a certain application for the lawn is the
only thing. This is seventeen pounds per packet.

I don't have any problem using imidacloprid, but if you don't like it
use one of Westland's products containing thiamethoxam (from the "Bug
Attack" range). In preference, I would use a product also containing
abamectin ("Plant Rescue" range). Check the labels carefully to see
what the products contain, as almost identically-named products have
different active constituents.

--

Jeff