Old 14-02-2011, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Does gardening cost less then a store.

On Feb 14, 3:38*am, "DogDiesel" wrote:
Does a garden pay for itself ? Or is it cheaper to go to the grocery store.

*how big you have to have to break even.

The taste of a ripe tomato from your yard is worth more than money,
it
is a mouth treat you can't put a value on. And being able to go to
the
garden for a salad, lettuce, spinach leaves, and maybe sweet pea pods
is a delight. You know what has been sprayed or not sprayed on it,
and
the freshness there is no substitute for.
We buy plants for tomatoes, and seed for the rest. We're always way
ahead of the game.
Nanzi