Old 14-02-2011, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Growing Magnolia Grandiflora in UK

On Feb 14, 9:29*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
Somewhat dangerous for the property I would have thought. Both having it
there in the first place because of the root damage and cutting it down if
it was that size for subsequent heave :-((

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

I very much doubt it. (a) I've never heard of M. grandiflora roots
significantly damaging property.
(b) Nor have many other people
judging by the number I've seen on the walls of big buildings.
(c) There's a giant on the walls of
Montacute House in Somerset. I'm sure the N ational Trust wouldn't
have kept that on such an historic building with all of their
accumulated experience.

Rod