Old 15-02-2011, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Homemade Insecticides - Tobaco

DavidofWales wrote:
Hi I'm wondering if I could boil some tobaco in water and use the
resulting solution to spray on vedge as an insecticde? If so, what are
the ratios and will my vedge be ok to eat or will they become toxic?
Will they even be damaged by the spray?

If not does anybody else know of any cheap homemade alternatives to the
store bought stuff. I'm really trying to keep costs to a minimum this
year givien my skintness!

Many thanks

Dave

I think your completely stupid! Flirting with death. A concentration of
nicotine on your skin and you could end up dead! One pack of Sigs to make
Nicotine TEA concentration is a top ten way for people committing suicide!
Dead before you hit the floor. Danger Danger Will Robinson!

Do Not Think Of Even Doing This!

The cost of one pack of Sigs, one can buy a bottle of Seven for bug
extermination and be far far safer... Seven will be safer to use than
concentrated nicotine!

What do you want to win "The Darwin Award"?
Or end up on the TV show "1001 ways to die"?

I cannot believe I am typing this, probably a gag!
What ever made you think of doing this?