Old 15-02-2011, 07:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default seed starter mix

In article
,
villon wrote:

I am new to starting seeds so I am wondering if anyone in the forum
has experience making their own seed starter mix, and if it has worked
out better than buying a pre-mixed substance. I thought perhaps if the
seedlings got a taste of the soil they will actually be growing in,
they might do better, so I am not necessarily trying to save money;
I'm only going to start 2 or 3 dozen plants anyway - mostly tomatoes
and peppers.
Chas

I just use sifted compost that was once hot.

http://tinyurl.com/48snvbf for other options gardening being an art.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden