Old 15-02-2011, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default seed starter mix

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
villon wrote:

I am new to starting seeds so I am wondering if anyone in the forum
has experience making their own seed starter mix, and if it has worked
out better than buying a pre-mixed substance. I thought perhaps if the
seedlings got a taste of the soil they will actually be growing in,
they might do better, so I am not necessarily trying to save money;
I'm only going to start 2 or 3 dozen plants anyway - mostly tomatoes
and peppers.
Chas

I just use sifted compost that was once hot.

http://tinyurl.com/48snvbf for other options gardening being an art.

Like most things on the web the details are lacking such as bottom heat
or light questions another good reason to query here. Best I think is
finding a local that does it.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden