Old 16-02-2011, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Homemade Insecticides - Tobaco

In article
,
Gunner wrote:

On Feb 15, 5:35*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Gunner wrote:
DavidofWales

being aware that you can also poison yourself by ingesting the tea.

it is dangerous 'common sense' might be to handle it

without much thought like you handle other tobacco products.

Ahh... I understand now. Know it was the stupid rabbit David, not
you. I don't have you in the group that needs a hot coffee warning
label so as to know it might burn if you spill it on you. I don't
think the man needed more than the warning you gave and he damn sure
didn't need the theatrics from some others. You gave the man an
honest effort as to an answer and qualified your concerns and your
perspective. I do understand your concern about toxicity but do fact
checking heat killing nicotine in cigarettes ok? not quite right.
Again, I did not believe there needed to be additional warnings and he
needed to know there is more than a bit of personal perspective.

I only hope you don't drink any of the "tea" David but know there
hasn't been a single death from nicotine poisoning yet reported this
year, in the States anyway, ...nor last year either. Don't want you
to be the first.

The idea of tea does suggest ingestion but in the garden world it can
have other meanings.

You folks ever hear of blackleaf 40 ?

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...propargite/nic
otine/insect-prof-nicotine.html

or http://thurly.net/0vrt

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

łEvery conflict in the world today has its origin in the
imagination of British map drawers,˛ Author Unknown