Old 17-02-2011, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Can ivy damage walls?

"Jim S" wrote in message ...
I removed 22 bags of ivy from a free standing yard wall and the damage to
the Victorian bricks was considerable, It may be that the softer lime
mortar fed the roots or was more easily damaged. There were no roots in the
ground, only in the wall itself.
Now that same wall is cracking due to my neighbour's ivy so there will be
words.

--
Regardless of the technicalities of the wretched stuff - I think the answer
must still be --

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com