Old 17-02-2011, 08:53 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherFellow View Post
I'm wondering the same thing though mine is planted in the garden - they're obviously not as hardy as I thought!
Big ones are fairly hardy, young ones less so. My 20 ft-er is unscathed, the big shrub that I cut down and since have pruned to keep at 18 inches has had all its new growth killed.

No harm in cutting back branches which are completely dead. But if you're not sure, I'd wait until green buds show, then prune accordingly.