Old 17-02-2011, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Pumpkins

In article
,
" wrote:

On Feb 17, 9:46*am, DavidofWales DavidofWales.
wrote:
I have Hundred Weight pumpkin seeds and intend to try and grow some
whoppers with the kids this year. *Does anyone have any tips on growing
giant pumpkins they'd like to share?

--
DavidofWales

No personal experience here but I have always heard that you pick one
pumpkin early on and get rid of the rest.

Some gardener in Pennsville watered his pumpkins with milk.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

łEvery conflict in the world today has its origin in the
imagination of British map drawers,˛ Author Unknown