Old 18-02-2011, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Awesome weather today.

On Feb 17, 1:40*pm, "DogDiesel" wrote:
How about that weather.

*The drug patrol helicopter circled my house again at about 100 feet .About
2 PM. *And woke me up. *They keep waking me up . As I work shifts. * I gave
them the finger last summer. They were so close they gave me the finger back
and I could easily see their facial features and the finger. * * They came
back for some more look see about a half hour later. They beelined it for my
place from about a mile away. and hovered about 100 feet looking around. ..
It **** me off because its a blatant disregard for safety. They have to have
enough altitude to land without hitting anything . If they lose power. And
there's nothing here but houses. I know the FARs pretty well. *I think they
have a 1000 feet minimum over homes. *I got some pictures this time. They
saw me takin pictures and went around the other side of the house. *They
come about 4 times a year to my house to wake me up. Been going on for over
three years. *Typical *government employees with nothing to do.

*I'm going to make a *DVD of these guys and turn it in to the FAA. * And
probably nothing will come of it.

* * * Saying that. After being woken up again. *I found its real nice out.
I took the opportunity to rake up my main garden, with my new rake. And get
all the big stuff out of the straw. and I filled up my compost bin. *And I
pulled them damn weeds that overrun my house patch. *I wish I knew what they
were. *There's some onions out there still alive. My dead celery. Has some
bugs working it over. * That *plot wouldn't grow last year. Except the
lettuce was the bomb. *From the weeds blocking the sun. And killed
everything. * *So I cleaned up pretty good.

I wish I could do something else. *But its supposed to get cold again.

I reread Ruth Stouts No work garden book again last night. *She was an
organic gardener. About 80 when the book were written in the 1971. *The
premise of her books is using hay about 6 inches thick as year round cover.